February 17, 2019
Hebrews 10:23-25; Psalm 19:7-11; Philippians 4:6-7; 1 Corinthians 11:23-26
1. We started by sharing some highlights from 2018: addition of Pastors Bryan & Jeff, the increase in financial giving in 2018, & 50 Baptisms in 2018. TAKE TIME TO PRAISE GOD FOR HIS KINDNESS TOWARDS MBC.
2. We then revisited the vision of MBC: “To have the Word of God preached, taught, & discussed, soundly & robustly, in all areas of MBC.” TAKE TIME TO PRAY THAT MBC WOULD CONTINUE TO BE FIRM & RESOLUTE ON THE TRUTH OF GOD’S WORD IN ALL AREAS OF MINISTRY.
3. Next, we went through the 4 ways we want to see that vision expanded: by gathering with God’s people, devouring God’s Word, drawing near to God’s Throne, & partaking in God’s Table. How can you purpose yourself to engage in these habits more relentlessly in 2019?
4. All of the talk about the vision & expansion of vision was then connected back to the mission statement of MBC that we read together at the end of each service. How does God’s glory bring an importance to the activity & desires of MBC?
5. We also talked about one of the greatest dangers to the work of MBC is apathy, which leads to truth amnesia. What are ways we can fight spiritual apathy by the grace of God?
6. We ended by hearing from Titus 3:3-8 about the need for gospel grit/chutzpah, to “insist on these things” & “to be careful to devote” ourselves to good works. TAKE TIME TO PRAY FOR OUR CHURCH THAT WE WOULD BE MARKED BY A GOSPEL GRIT: A TENACITY FOR TRUTH & LOVE OF OTHERS IN LIGHT OF THE GOSPEL?